Wednesday 8 February 2012

'FT used to stand for the Financial Times..'

I have now celebrated 1 year of butchery. It has gone so fast but also, can not believe it's just a year. A day in the life of a  butcher speeds past because your day is sectioned. Open up, deliveries, set up, orders, deliver, shop keep, tidy up, clean up, cash up. You barely have time to turn around. It is bonkers. And manic.

It's like a different way of living. I remember before I started FT (French trimmed) stood for The Financial Times. Let me tell you -  I knew more about the pink newspaper... These days I even have an opinion about French trimmed. Naturally it looks most appealing when bits of the bone are exposed and dainty to pick up, but what about the meat that we recklessly abandon when we trim and discard? Oh, and what's that? It actually works out cheaper if you don't get it trimmed - sometimes looks aren't everything..

Speaking of looks...PPE once upon a time stood for Politics, Philosophy & Economics - not Personal Protective Equipment. People think women are put off by the meat, blood and the dead animal stuff (technical term). Nope. The thing that has put women off butchery in the past is without a doubt..the shoes. You have to protect your feet - but why do the shoes have to be too damn practical? I have learnt as with most things in life: you have to work with what you've got.

Here's to another year of butchery...think I might treat myself to some new boots..


No comments:

Post a Comment