Wednesday 20 February 2013

'there's neigh way I'm using that meat..'

Well it has all been rather interesting lately. Horse meat. Supermarkets. Many people have asked me if I've been busier, since news of the scandal. The answer is...I'm not sure. Having only been open 5 weeks, it is difficult to say. But what I have noticed is that more people have been asking questions about traceability. Where is it from?


I think it has also brought the cost of meat to the forefront of our minds. When given the choice is a businessman going to opt for a beef carcass worth £1500 or £100 worth of horse meat?

Either way it's got us thinking. I mainly just hope you're grateful I've not been using horse related puns...

gb

1 comment:

  1. I saw you on the BBC . I was very interesting . Wondered why a butcher in England wears no hygiene gloves. Very nice docu. JW- The Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete